Let’s get some peaches and when they are a little on the soft side, and ripened, bake them with a mixture of oats, cinnamon and milk. It is gluten free and easy to prepare. It can easily serve two people, but I have served it four people without a problem in my family. Sometimes all we need is a small dessert after dinner, don’t we?
Start with a cup of peeled peaches. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine fruit with sugar and orange juice in a bowl. You can also give it a try with any other fruit juice. Warm this fruit mixture in a skillet with a teaspoon of butter for about 3 to 5 minutes. Place this mixture into a small baking dish (no need to have a lid). In a microwave, not sure, I will say heat for 30 seconds.
Next combine the rest of the ingredients, the oats, heavy cream, brown sugar, the rest of soft butter, cinnamon and spread on top of the fruit in a single layer. The round baking dish that you see in the picture is from Le Creuset. I like to use it because it is small and it fits perfectly in the small toaster oven instead of using the oven.
That’s it! Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F uncovered or until oats look crumbly and toasted. Serve with ice cream, gelato, or frozen yogurt. Let me know if you make it. For those who follow a gluten free way of living, this recipe is perfect without flour, just buy oats that are gluten free.
Peach Crisp with Oats Gluten Free
- 1 cup peaches, peeled
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 oz orange juice or a splash of any juice
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup oats, dry, any kind
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Peel peaches and set aside.
- Combine peaches, juice and sugar. Warm fruit in a skillet with the teaspoon of butter for less than 3 to 5 minutes. If using a microwave, warm for 30 seconds. Pour fruit mixture in a small baking dish.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients, oats, brown sugar, heavy cream, cinnamon, and butter. And place on top of fruit into the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until oats look crumbly and toasted. Serve with ice cream, gelato or frozen yogurt.